[Ironruby-core] Questions for IronRuby's RubyInside Article

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 11 16:02:35 EST 2010

No, there is currently no way how to implement continuations on CLR that could capture stack of arbitrary managed method frames. If all frames were under your control you could compile them in a special way that supports continuations. That’s IMO what Rx provides. In theory we could IL-rewrite IronRuby.Libararies into code that supports continuations and we could generate continuations aware IL for Ruby methods. But as soon as you have a call to an arbitrary .NET method that wasn’t compiled with continuations support in the middle of your stack trace it breaks.

Tomas