[Ironruby-core] App Servers

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Sun Jan 10 00:32:37 EST 2010

> Folks, a quick question - is there an equivalent app server to Thin
> (C-Ruby) and Glassfish (JRuby) for IronRuby? Something small, with no
> external deps that I can gem install?

There is cassini, a small ASP.NET webserver, which is what Visual Studio uses as it's default debug webserver.  However, there is no gem which installs just that for you, yet.

Currently your choices are webrick, cassini, or IIS; cassini and IIS require the IronRuby.Rack adapter to run any rack-based applications. I'm currently updating the Rails instructions, so I'll include using cassini as well.