[Ironruby-core] One gem to rule them all?

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 5 18:47:21 EST 2010

Ben, do you mean each implementation is using a different RubyGems repository, so running "gem list" on each implementation gives you a different list? To work-around this, set both the "GEM_PATH" and "GEM_HOME" environment variables to be the RubyGem repo you want to use, and all the implementations will pull gems from only that one.

For example, dev.bat in IronRuby's source sets GEM_PATH to be a location we have checked in, so Ruby and IronRuby share the same gems. If GEM_HOME was also set, then installing would default to that location.

~js