[Ironruby-core] when do we get this?

Ryan Riley ryan.riley at panesofglass.org
Tue Jan 5 00:14:38 EST 2010

Interesting. I thought that technique was only providing an underlying
"anonymous .NET base class" for binding purposes, much as IronRubyInline
could offer but without having to write any C#. I guess I was mistaken.
Also, IronRuby does have types and WPF/Silverlight binding uses reflection
to late-bind to properties, right? I might be wrong on that, but I know you
can bind to an interface and get to all the properties of the
implementation, even those not defined on the interface. Couldn't that be
leveraged for IronRuby objects?

Actually, I've been confused on this point awhile: aren't all IronRuby
objects implementations of RubyObject? If so, what is it that prevents the
type from being bound? I'm sure that's already documented elsewhere, but I
can never find the link when I go looking for it.

Cheers!

Ryan Riley

Email: ryan.riley at panesofglass.org
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley