[Ironruby-core] Newwer to Ironruby/ruby

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 4 02:03:45 EST 2010

For SQL Server, you are better off using ironruby-dbi + sqlserver_adapter as mentioned in the attached email. Ivan has already fixed a number of SQL issues in ironruby-dbi. Usage is not streamlined yet though. See http://github.com/ironruby/ironruby/blob/master/Merlin/Main/Languages/Ruby/Tests/Scripts/ActiveRecordTests.rb for hints on how to set things up.

I have added a rough note about this to http://ironruby.net/Documentation/Real_Ruby_Applications/Rails, but the instructions need to be flushed out more. Will be great if you can help flush this out...