[Ironruby-core] Code Review: Ruby 1.8.7 and 1.9 compat improvements
Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 17 18:36:04 EST 2010
tfpt review "/shelveset:r187;REDMOND\sborde"
I wanted to get a feel for where were with Rails 3 compat. For V1 RTM, we can have a crisper message like "IronRuby 1.0 supports Rails 2.3.5. Rails 3 tests pass at 98%, and full support will follow after the 1.0 RTM". I started off looking at the -19 mode but gave up on that after I could not get MRI 1.9 to install 1.9 gems (1.9 must include a different version of RubyGems, and I could not use the existing 1.8 gems)
1.8.7 related changes
- Adds -187 command line option
- Enables ActionPack 3.0.pre tests in irtests
- Adds Object#tag
- avoids an ArgumentException("Illegal characters in path") that was happenning when a bad file name string was passed in to eval
- Adds String#start_with? and String#end_with?
- RUBY_VERSION is tied to the command-line argument specified
1.9 related changes
- Adds Integer#fdiv
- Allows calling convention argument to Win32API.new
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 53590 bytes
More information about the Ironruby-core