[Ironruby-core] Code Review: Ruby 1.8.7 and 1.9 compat improvements

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 17 18:36:04 EST 2010

  tfpt review "/shelveset:r187;REDMOND\sborde"

  Comment  :
I wanted to get a feel for where were with Rails 3 compat. For V1 RTM, we can have a crisper message like "IronRuby 1.0 supports Rails 2.3.5. Rails 3 tests pass at 98%, and full support will follow after the 1.0 RTM". I started off looking at the -19 mode but gave up on that after I could not get MRI 1.9 to install 1.9 gems (1.9 must include a different version of RubyGems, and I could not use the existing 1.8 gems)
  1.8.7 related changes
  - Adds -187 command line option
  - Enables ActionPack 3.0.pre tests in irtests
  - Adds Object#tag
  - avoids an ArgumentException("Illegal characters in path") that was happenning when a bad file name string was passed in to eval
  - Adds String#start_with? and String#end_with?
  - RUBY_VERSION is tied to the command-line argument specified
  1.9 related changes
  - Adds Integer#fdiv
  - Allows calling convention argument to Win32API.new