[Ironruby-core] MRI 1.8.7 compatibility

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at whiterabbitconsulting.eu
Tue Feb 16 09:05:38 EST 2010

k I'm all for waiting with rails 3.0 or at least not making it the highest
priority.

The thing is that most people looking at ironruby are actually .NET people
IMO. Now these guys have just gone through what is needed to learn 2.3.5.
Seen as most enterprise type devs lean towards the mort persona I'd say they
aren't terribly worried yet about using Rails 3.0 they want to continue
2.3.5 until most of the plugins have caught up.
Looking at how fast the community does this stuff I'd say we have well over
6 months to get 1.9 compat going.

my 2c :)
---
Ivan Porto Carrero