[Ironruby-core] MRI 1.8.7 compatibility

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 15 17:35:32 EST 2010

JRuby, Rubinius and MacRuby will support Rails 3, but all three of them are either working on a version to support 1.9 (Jruby), or only targeting 1.9 (the other 2).

We’ve said a few times in the halls that if we had noticed the timing a year ago, 1.9 would probably have been a better 1.0 target, but at this point, changing directions makes no sense. We can focus on Rails 3 among other priorities after 1.0. To ship is to choose ☺

JD