[Ironruby-core] IronRuby + Rails on IIS via Rack

Edward J. Stembler ejstembler at mac.com
Thu Feb 11 23:09:04 EST 2010

Answering my own post here…  My initial problem was that I was using the Windows installer instead of the source code download.  I didn’t realize it wasn’t included in the installer.  I saw Jimmy’s todo reference of supplying a gem in the future.

In any case, after getting the VS2010 solution to compile in VC2010 RC, I did run into two subsequent issues.  Incidentally, I added Fusion!EnableLog to the registry in order to see logging info.  Which revealed that my first error had to do with a Microsoft.Scripting configuration error in web.config.  The log showed where it was attempting to locate the assembly and that lead me to suspect an x64 issue.  I deleted the version/culture/PublicKey data from the reference to get it to continue on to the next error in Interperter.cs which I stopped at:

System.NotSupportedException was unhandled by user code
  Message=Win32API is not supported in 64-bit process
  Source=Snippets.debug.scripting

So, I’m guessing this means x64 is not currently supported?  Can anyone confirm or deny this? If x64 is not supported yet, is there an ETA?

Thanks