[Ironruby-core] [ANN] IronRuby 1.0 RC2
Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 10 20:04:36 EST 2010
The IronRuby team is pleased to announce version 1.0 RC2!
Direct download link:
This release is also accompanied by a preview release
compatible with .NET 4.0 RC:
As IronRuby approaches the final 1.0, these RCs will
contain crucial bug fixes and enhancements that IronRuby
requires to be a fast and compatible 1.0. Now that IronRuby
is in the release-candidate stage, your feedback is even
more important. Please use these new binaries as much as
you can and report any issues you find here:
Note: The actual version of the assemblies is "0.9.4.0"; they
will be updated to "188.8.131.52" when the last anticipated RC of
IronRuby 1.0 is released.
casualjim, eoinomeara, ghouston, jimmysch, jredville, jwthornpson2,
KAZUu, kralor, niclasnilsson, nikosd, rifraf, sborde, thbar,
TomasMatousek, turp, vaderpi, vertiginous, xport
Thank you all, and everyone else who contributed to
== Highlighted changes in RC2
- Fix how ir.exe -e treats arguments
- "-S" command-line argument: load file from path (eg. ir -S irb)
- Implements BEGIN and END blocks.
- support open("|shell_command") for autospec
- reduces the number of methods jitted during startup time of irb from 481 to 80,
which translates to 34% time reduction.
- enable debugging IronRuby when running in Silverlight
- Fixes issues reported by mcs.
- Adaptive loop compilation
- super with implicit arguments in eval
- Sets RUBY_PLATFORM according to Environment.OSVersion.Platform
For more detailed list of changes and bugfixes please see the CHANGELOG:
~ Jimmy ... and the IronRuby team
More information about the Ironruby-core