[Ironruby-core] silverlight.rb

Randall Sutton randallsutton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:07:19 EST 2010

I ended up just taking the idea and making my own version.

  class Wpf
      def self.create(t,args={},&b)
          # create an instance of the class
          obj = t.new
          # assign all the args
          args.each_pair do |k,v|
          # define the add method if it doesn't have one
          if !(obj.respond_to? :add) && (obj.respond_to? :children)
              obj.instance_eval('def add(t,args={},&b); obj = Wpf.create(t,args,&b); self.children.add(obj); obj; end;')
          # call the create method if there is one
          if obj.respond_to? :create
          # execute the block against the instance

Not as complex as the other, so I might be missing something.  So far this has worked great and I added ability to have a create method so if you are constructing a class that inherits from a control you could do some initialization before the block is executed.