[Ironruby-core] Help configuring latest IronRuby

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Wed Dec 1 17:07:38 EST 2010

What errors do you get?

From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Travis Herrick
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 1:34 PM
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: [Ironruby-core] Help configuring latest IronRuby

I am not entirely sure the best way to go about doing what I'm attempting to do and hope that someone may be able to provide some guidance.  My ultimate goal is to use the latest IronRuby code base, tools, etc. to attempt to develop a Ruby on Rails application in VS 2010.

I am able to successfully build Ruby.sln from the IDE (VS 2010 Ultimate), but when I attempt to build the .msi (from the command line per instructions), I am met with errors that I am having difficulty overcoming.  The reason I was doing this was to attempt to use the .msi to install the latest IronRuby.  Is there a better ("recommended") way to accomplish running IronRuby with the latest changes?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,