[Ironruby-core] IronRuby for Office AddIns

Jascha Luelsdorf lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Dec 1 07:37:46 EST 2010

Hi,

I'd like to write an Outlook(2003 & 2010)-AddIn in Ruby (IronRuby), but
I'm not pretty sure, whether this is possible.
The AddIn should bring up a new icon in Outlooks' CommandBar and should
read contact items.

I just found some examples, where they put Ruby-Code into a C#-Wrapper
what is not what I want.

The main thing I want to avoid (to be honest) is that I don't want to
have to buy Visual Studio for a couple of hundreds (thousands?) of
dollars.

I am new to the whole .NET-World and I'm not much into the concept by
now.

Can you give me a hint to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Josch