[Ironruby-core] Review: miscellaneous fixes
Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Sat Aug 21 20:43:15 EDT 2010
Thanks for the patch!
Jim, could you look at that?
From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Daniele Alessandri
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 12:00 PM
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: [Ironruby-core] Review: miscellaneous fixes
today I've finally started fixing some failing specs in the core libraries of IronRuby (well actually I spent most of the time reviewing the smaller changes between MRI 1.8 and 1.9 and reading some parts of the source code of IronRuby since it's been quite some time since the last time I contributed). I still have to push my changes on a remote repository but in the meantime you can find them in the diff attached to this email.
304459b Implement various fixes to Kernel and Array related to the trust status of Object instances.
[Better fix would be:
This would take care of these two failures as well:
fails:Array#pack returns a tainted string when the format is tainted
fails:Array#pack returns a tainted string when the format is tainted even if the given format is empty
Note that context.TaintObjectBy should only be used on objects that are not statically typed to a type that implements IRubyObjectState. MutableString does.
e77abb5 Fix: Kernel#taint and Kernel#untaint raise an exception when trying to modify the taint status of a frozen object.
[This is better done internally. See your question below ☺]
3f0760b Fix: Array#pop raises a RuntimeError on a frozen array.
9e4defb Implement Array#pop(n).
1ba0628 Fix: Object#=~ returns nil matching any object.
19e8250 Update the unsigned version of App.config to pick the right library paths for 1.9.
A few question / notes:
- If nothing has changed since the last time, I guess you can't still merge changes coming from the community that don't apply to parts of IronRuby outside Libraries.LCA_RESTRICTED, right?
[Nothing changed yet.]
- I noticed that the contents of .gitignore have been changed in the master branch and now it contains only one line. I wonder if this change is intentional, now I get a lot of garbage (e.g. the output of the compilation) in the list of unstaged changes.
- Many specs of Array, Hash and String fail because MRI 1.9 now raises a RuntimeError instead of a TypeError when trying to modify a frozen object. The change in
is trivial though.
- The checks I added when modiying taintness or trustiness on frozen objects should be moved inside RubyContext, respectively to
[Fixed as well.]
- It would be nice to have a TrustObjectBy<T>(RubyContext, Object) method in RubyContext.
[I'm not sure this is needed. Instead I modified TaintObjectBy to copy trustiness as well - it seems that most of the time "trust" and "taint" are both copied.
This makes the changes in KernelOps.cs unnecessary (Clone, Trust, Untrust, Taint, Untaint). And also the change in IListOps.Repetition and Compact.
- If you are wondering why I haven't implemented the last three items myself, see my first question :-)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ironruby-core