[Ironruby-core] IronRuby FFI

Ryan Riley ryan.riley at panesofglass.org
Fri Aug 20 15:33:38 EDT 2010

I know that we've discussed this in the past, but I'm interested in doing it
for two reasons:
1. We use mono with a bridge to ObjectiveC and Cocoa, and we'd like to
investigate libffi via mono as a potential replacement for our current
bridge.
2. I'm interested just for the sake of learning more about FFI.

Mono appears to have had a libffi implementation that was later removed, so
I think I have a place to start. However, I'm not sure that's the right
starting point. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to get started? I've
been taking a look at libffi and DllImport, but I'm not sure if those are
the right directions, something else, or what.

Thanks,

Ryan Riley

Email: ryan.riley at panesofglass.org
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley