[Ironruby-core] Code Review: 19compat

Daniele Alessandri suppakilla at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 11:24:49 EDT 2010

I know I'm a bit late but I have a question.

>  Implements Kernel#trusted?, Kernel#trust, Kernel#untrust. The flag is always settable and not checked anywhere as we don't support Ruby's security model.

Since IR doesn't support Ruby's security model, does this mean that
(for example) it's really OK to have Object#clone not preserving the
untrusted state of an object or having Kernel#trust and Kernel#untrust
not raising an exception if an object is frozen, like happen on MRI
1.9?

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 22:35, Tomas Matousek
<Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com> wrote:
>  tfpt review "/shelveset:19compat;REDMOND\tomat"
>  Comment  :
>  Adds LibraryPath19 option. This option allows to set paths to 1.9 libs and is used in -1.9 mode.
>  Implements Kernel#trusted?, Kernel#trust, Kernel#untrust. The flag is always settable and not checked anywhere as we don't support Ruby's security model.
>  Fixes Array#fill overload ambiguity.
>  Fixes Array#== and Hash#== to handle recursive structures properly.
>
> Tomas

Daniele Alessandri
http://clorophilla.net/
http://twitter.com/JoL1hAHN