[Ironruby-core] Script Validation

Charles Strahan charles.c.strahan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 11:53:48 EDT 2010

I just recently had the same question in mind - how could one sandbox
IronRuby?

I'd imagine that .NET's built-in security model could be used to prevent the
app from accessing the file system, P/Invoking, etc; however, I don't know
if the security model is fine grained enough to apply to just a particular
AppDomain. If it it is, then you could probably use IronRuby's built-in
method for running scripts in another AppDomain - one that's locked down.

I'm sort of ignorant in this area though, so I can't really help that much.
Hopefully someone smarter than myself will chime in.

-Charles