[Ironruby-core] DataMapper (was Re: Thread Priority)

Daniele Alessandri suppakilla at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 02:45:34 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 07:52, Kevin Radcliffe
<kevin.radcliffe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Too late for email I guess. My email was re: Sequel and not Datamapper.

By the way, last month I've started playing with Sequel on IronRuby
and, after having filed the bug about ADO+COM on codeplex, I created a
quick and dirty adapter for MSSQL [1] that utilizes the
System.Data.SqlClient namespace and reuses the shared adapter bits of
Sequel to build SQL queries. While still suboptimal (I will put some
work into it soon), it somewhat works and the fact that it enables
connections to MSSQL from mono+linux makes the approach vastly
superior compared to using ADO via COM ;-) Generic support for ADO.NET
in Sequel and a subadapter for MSSQL should be the actual way to go.

[1] http://github.com/nrk/sequel/commits/ironruby-mssqlclient

Daniele Alessandri