[Ironruby-core] IronRuby and IronPython

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Wed Apr 14 03:52:06 EDT 2010

Your welcome :)

IronPython and IronRuby not only released on the same date, but we released out of the same branch, so we have dependencies on the same exact DLR; a first in the project's history. This is why IronRuby didn't release a "for IronPython interop" package.

Going forward, we will not always be this fortunate to sync up releases. This time around we decided to snap to .NET 4.0's releases, but that only happens every couple years, so not a great release strategy for us. In general, it's best to pull sources from dlr.codeplex.com if you absolutely need binaries that work together. Keep in mind you can also get the sources from github.com/ironruby/ironruby, as they include IronPython's sources as well (Merlin/main/languages/IronPython).

Unfortunately, neither repository is up to date with our main branch, though ironruby's 1.0 branch is exactly the sources for 1.0. This is because our CI lab is being moved to another building, and we've yet to get it back up, so the source publishing hasn't been happening. It will resume shortly.