[Ironruby-core] IronRuby and IronPython

Justin Hartman justin.hartman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 10:37:04 EDT 2010

Hi all,

First, many thanks to the IronRuby team and their outstanding work on the
1.0 release!

Now, my question: I want to embed both IronRuby and IronPython in my
application. In the past, in order to avoid
namespace/assembly/version collisions, I've just downloaded one of the
builds from one team or the other that includes both sets of binaries.
However, yesterday, all the planets aligned, and both teams released a build
I've been waiting for (IronRuby 1.0 and IronPython 2.6.1).

What is the best way for me to keep in sync with both teams' releases? Is
there a coordinated build that is released on a regular basis? I did try
downloading the DLR sources and building from scratch. It appears IronPython
is up to 2.6.1 in the DLR source, but IronRuby is still reporting
0.9.something.

Many thanks,

     -Justin