[Ironruby-core] helping with IronRuby

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Sat Apr 3 22:38:21 EDT 2010

Here is something small you could start with:

Kernel#test (http://ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Kernel.html#M005948) has many cases that we don't implement yet. The implementation of this method is in
Merlin\Main\Languages\Ruby\Libraries.LCA_RESTRICTED\Builtins\KernelOps.cs

It might be possible to reuse code in IoOps.cs and FileOps.cs ti implement this method.
There are some specs for the method in
Merlin\External.LCA_RESTRICTED\Languages\IronRuby\mspec\rubyspec\core\kernel\test_specs.rb

but not many. Add specs here for each case you implement. You'll need to figure out what CRuby is doing here as the documentation is not very good.
The behavior might be different between Ruby 1.8.6 and Ruby 1.9. For now implement 1.8.6 behavior since we haven't switched to 1.9 yet and the differences seems to be minimal.

If you would be interested in something bigger we can use some help in OpenSSL module.

Tomas