[Ironruby-core] Thread Priority

Shay Friedman shay.friedman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 02:10:09 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

I've just noticed that something happened to Thread.priority... It disappeared.
I'm talking about Thread's instance attribute - priority. I'm using
the latest code from GitHub.

The only available priority in the Thread instance now is a CamelCase
priority, which is .Net's Priority attribute...

Take a look at the next REPL session:
=> #<Thread:0x000005e aborting>
>>> t = Thread.new { puts "Start"; sleep(30); puts "end" }
#<Thread:0x0000060 run>
>>> t.priority
:0: undefined method `priority' for #<Thread:0x0000060 sleep> (NoMethodError)

>>> t.Priority
=> Normal

I remember the priority attribute was problematic because it didn't
receive numeric values like MRI. Maybe this is related to that?

Shay Friedman
Author of IronRuby Unleashed
Follow me: http://twitter.com/ironshay