[Ironruby-core] CallSiteStorage for [RubyMethod]

Shay Friedman shay.friedman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 02:14:09 EDT 2009

I'm working on a native extension by writing an IronRuby library in C#. I
hit the wall with the CallSiteStorage parameters that can optionally come as
the first 0 or more parameters for a ruby method.

What are they and what's their use? I tried to understand that from their
current uses accross the code by I couldn't understand how IronRuby knows
what to set there.

For example, this is from ArrayOps:
public static object Sort(
  BinaryOpStorage/*!*/ comparisonStorage,
  BinaryOpStorage/*!*/ lessThanStorage,
  BinaryOpStorage/*!*/ greaterThanStorage,
  BlockParam block, RubyArray/*!*/ self) {

How does IronRuby knows that the first should be a comparison storage, the
second a less-than storage and the third a greater-than storage? is it
because of the name of the parameter?

Shay Friedman
Author of IronRuby Unleashed
Follow me: http://twitter.com/ironshay