[Ironruby-core] Newbie questions regardingIronRuby in Silverlight...

Nathan Stults Nathan_Stults at HSIHealth.com
Mon Oct 12 18:58:15 EDT 2009

Is anyone aware of a tool that can recursively detect (and possibly
extract) ruby dependencies given a top level .rb, or set of .rb files? I
could see it being a tedious process to discover manually what
components of the standard library were used by any given application.

-----Original Message-----
From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org
[mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Jimmy
Schementi
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 3:49 PM
To: <ironruby-core at rubyforge.org>
Cc: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] Newbie questions regardingIronRuby in
Silverlight...

There are not two copies, one is ruby stdlib, and one is IronRuby's
own lib. The ruby stdlib contains pieces implemented in ruby, as well
as C. In IronRuby we ported all the C stuff to C# (that's what
IronRuby.Libraries.dll is), and redistribute the ruby code. So both
directories are all part of the standard library.

For Silverlight, I would suggest you only deploy the files that you
use; the entire stdlib is fairly large.

~Jimmy
Sent from my phone