[Ironruby-core] Newbie questions regarding IronRuby in Silverlight...

Nathan Stults Nathan_Stults at HSIHealth.com
Mon Oct 12 18:28:12 EDT 2009

I've been pondering the exact same thing - it is a touch confusing.

-----Original Message-----
From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Zoltan Toth
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 3:26 PM
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core]Newbie questions regarding IronRuby in Silverlight...

Once again thanks, we were able to get things working.  Please note that
we have offline requirements that require us to deploy the portions of
the ruby standard library that we require, within our Silverlight

My only other question is why does IronRuby ship with what appears to be
two versions of the Ruby standard library?  There appears to be a
standard implementation (i.e. \lib\ruby\1.8 for IronRuby 0.9.1) that
uses ruby scripts and there also appears to be an implementation that
calls into the CLR (i.e. \lib\IronRuby) in order to do its stuf.  Do we
have a choice of which to use or do we need to deploy both?

Many thanks for your help.