[Ironruby-core] Newbie questions regarding IronRuby in Silverlight...

Zoltan Toth lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Oct 12 18:26:05 EDT 2009

Once again thanks, we were able to get things working.  Please note that
we have offline requirements that require us to deploy the portions of
the ruby standard library that we require, within our Silverlight

My only other question is why does IronRuby ship with what appears to be
two versions of the Ruby standard library?  There appears to be a
standard implementation (i.e. \lib\ruby\1.8 for IronRuby 0.9.1) that
uses ruby scripts and there also appears to be an implementation that
calls into the CLR (i.e. \lib\IronRuby) in order to do its stuf.  Do we
have a choice of which to use or do we need to deploy both?

Many thanks for your help.