[Ironruby-core] Native Extensions

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 7 14:36:33 EDT 2009

On the other hand, using a native extension is worse than using a pure C#/Ruby equivalent. Native interop doesn't work in partial trust (Silverlight, web servers, etc) and supporting more platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOS, etc) would need more work. So if there is some useful Ruby native extension with stable API it makes sense to implement it in Ruby with .NET interop or directly in C#.

Tomas