[Ironruby-core] getting the runtime type

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Sun Nov 29 15:24:18 EST 2009

IronRubyInline gives you a better workflow between writing C# and Ruby, so it gives you nice way to create a CLR type, but both ways are techically equivalent, so either way is fine. Personally I'd use the inline option.

Keep in mind that ironrubyinline requires you to be able to call csc.exe and write a DLL to disk at runtime, so make sure your environment supports that -- you might need to pregen the dlls in a partial trust, for example, but for development it's perfectly fine.

~Jimmy
Sent from my phone