[Ironruby-core] getting the runtime type

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Sun Nov 29 04:04:57 EST 2009

Hi

I'd like to get the runtime type of a ruby class

The IronPython guys can do something like this (python substituted for ruby)
require 'clr'

class Person < Struct.new(:id, :name, :age)
end

they can then do clr.ClrType(Person).FullName

Something equivalent to that doesn't exist yet for ironruby does it?

When I do Person.to_clr_type it returns nil
and other objects give me their base types

Person.GetType => IronRuby.Builtins.RubyObject

I'm actually trying to get the ironpython ClrMetaClass from Harry Pierson
written in ironruby.
---
Ivan Porto Carrero
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz