[Ironruby-core] handling ruby types and CallSiteStorage in std library

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Fri Nov 27 17:38:18 EST 2009

It depends whether the method is supposed to invoke Digest's methods dynamically or not. Does pkcs5_keyivgen method accept any Ruby object that implements the methods pkcs5_keyivgen calls? Or does it need to be an instance of Digest class?
If the former is true than you need to use "object" as the parameter type and use dynamic call sites to invoke those methods. An example of such dynamic behavior would be MutableStringOps.Compare. If the latter is true you can just type the parameter to Digest CLR type and call its methods directly.