[Ironruby-core] can't include System

Patrick Brown patrickcbrown at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 10:39:29 EST 2009

Hello

   Can anyone see why I can't include System in this little script?  If I do
I get an exception 'Converter is not a class (TypeError)'.  If I skip the
include and fully qualify the classes in that namespace this works
perfectly.

Thanks for your time and ideas,
Patrick

require 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
require 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c'

include System
include Microsoft::Office::Interop::Word

class Converter
 def Convert(inputDirectories, outputDirectory)
  word = ApplicationClass.new

  inputDirectories.each {|inputDirectory|
    Directory.GetFiles(inputDirectory, '*.doc').each { |file|
    documentPath = System::IO::Path.Combine(outputDirectory,
Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(file) + ".xps")

    word.Documents.Open(file)
    word.ActiveDocument.SaveAs(documentPath, WdSaveFormat.wdFormatXPS)
    word.ActiveDocument.Close()
   }

   word.Quit()
  }