[Ironruby-core] Disable compilation of scripts

Martin Smith martin.smith.jr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 19:39:32 EST 2009

A while back I watched Jimmy on C9 talking about how IronRuby had a
hybrid approach to execution only jitting after a code path had been
run a couple times.  Is there any way to control this. I'd like to
experiment with either (1) turning off compilation and (2) forcing
immediate compilation.  The scenario is that there are times when i
might be able to get away with the "compilation penalty" and I'd like
to play around with doing just that.

Is there anywhere I can find information on how to do this with the DLR?