[Ironruby-core] How do you convince .Net developers to use IronRuby?

Ryan Riley ryan.riley at panesofglass.org
Tue Nov 3 17:51:31 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Huw Collingbourne <lists at ruby-forum.com>wrote:

> Re. Visual Studio integration. My company (SapphireSteel Software)
> released an alpha Visual Studio IDE for IronRuby about 18 months ago
> (Feb 2008): http://www.sapphiresteel.com/Ruby-In-Steel-For-IronRuby
> At that time, we offered to work with the IronRuby team to develop a
> more powerful IDE but we received very little interest. As a result we
> transferred our efforts into a developing additional tools for our
> standard Ruby IDE and also creating a new Flex/ActionScript IDE for
> Visual Studio.

Any chance that might pick back up? I remember you mentioned that you
weren't planning to keep it up with each release of IronRuby as it
developed, and I imagine that was a primary reason for the lack of interest.
Now that IR is closing in on 1.0, I would bet you would find more interest.

Ryan Riley

Email: ryan.riley at panesofglass.org
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley
Blog: http://wizardsofsmart.net/