[Ironruby-core] IronRuby MVC

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Sun May 31 19:22:11 EDT 2009

I've just pushed IronRuby MVC and sent the pull request. AFAICT it should
bind to Rails ORM/s now at least it creates the necessary objects (nested
hashes to do so).
I'm going to be sprinting to get my last chapter done this month and get a
kick-ass introduction to ironruby slide deck together and after that I'm
starting a project in Silverlight with IronRuby for a commercial product.
 That means I won't be able to spend much time on that framework for the
next 2-3 months until we start building our back-end.

I hope now that the project is fairly done somebody from the community will
finish it off because:

* I've only verifyfied that the viewresults are working, so some JsonResult,
FileResult etc will probably still need some attention.
* There are virtually no specs and/or working specs. I will extend
caricature to have a good working mocking implementation for aspnet mvc (now
I can't override indexers so I'll create mock classes in C# to override that
* I haven't tested all the cases for snake, camel casing interoperability
but on most places it works.
* it could use some API documentation :)
* More samples are needed

those are just a few items from the top of my head that will still require
some work.

Some other things:
* teach ironruby mvc about the gems on the server so you could use those if
they were installed.
* Provide a way to freeze gems and load them from within the ironruby mvc

Ivan Porto Carrero
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim