[Ironruby-core] Code Review: Fix for File.print misbehavior

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Sat May 16 02:30:00 EDT 2009

"writes each obj.to_s to the stream and appends $\\ (if any) given multiple objects" does not have a tag for it. If it did, it would be in Merlin\External.LCA_RESTRICTED\Languages\IronRuby\mspec\ironruby-tags\core\io\print_tags.txt, but that file only has a tag for "writes $_.to_s followed by $\ (if any) to the stream if no arguments given". I incorrectly thought that these were the same test name, but clearly they are not.

It's a mystery how "writes each obj.to_s to the stream and appends $\\ (if any) given multiple objects" works, but your example below fails. Could you could step into IoOps.Print for this test without your fix and see how it works? Else, I can try it next week.

Shri