[Ironruby-core] aaah yes ... clr interop

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Thu May 14 16:41:43 EDT 2009

ok... makes sense. I'll add it to the distant future features list :)And if
it doesn't actually really invoke the method on the Inheritor then the
redefine_method probably doesn't make much sense to implement.

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Curt Hagenlocher <curth at microsoft.com>wrote:

> In principle, this is absolutely something that could be done (though I
> wouldn’t expect we would do it any time soon).
>

> **but**, this doesn’t do what I think you want. Previously-compiled calls
> to SomeClass.MyMethod won’t actually end up going to Inheritor.MyMethod even
> if the object is of type Inheritor. The base method would have to be defined
> as “virtual”, or the new method will end up in a new slot on the method
> table.

---
Ivan Porto Carrero
GSM: +32.486.787.582
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

Yogi Berra <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/y/yogi_berra.html>  -
"If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer."