[Ironruby-core] aaah yes ... clr interop

Curt Hagenlocher curth at microsoft.com
Thu May 14 16:31:53 EDT 2009

In principle, this is absolutely something that could be done (though I wouldn’t expect we would do it any time soon).

*but*, this doesn’t do what I think you want. Previously-compiled calls to SomeClass.MyMethod won’t actually end up going to Inheritor.MyMethod even if the object is of type Inheritor. The base method would have to be defined as “virtual”, or the new method will end up in a new slot on the method table.