[Ironruby-core] more interop questions

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Wed May 13 16:46:55 EDT 2009

Well actually at this point I have progressed in searching for a way to
cheat.But I didn't find a way yet that will work with signed 3rd party
signed assemblies like say sharepoint.

I can use Mono.Cecil to change some of the types to include AOP hooks so I
can inject ruby in them and get the expected result by just not calling the
real method body. That should work for everything that isn't signed.  if the
signed assemblies aren't being referenced by anything else than your source
code then that will still work by recompiling the source code against the
new assemblies.

I think that should get me pretty far in what I'm trying to achieve with the
mocker.
I need to be able to intercept the method call, execute ruby and decide
whether or not to call the previous method.

Then I'm only stuck on how to get around 3rd party signed assemblies with
keys that I don't have access to.

In my case the expected result is when I'm working from ruby things should
behave like ruby. So if I monkey patch some method it should just replace
the thing also when C# calls it :)

---
Ivan Porto Carrero
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

Vince Lombardi<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/v/vince_lombardi.html>
- "We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."