[Ironruby-core] Is it possible to run rake on the latest binary release of IronRuby?

Patrick van der Velde petrikvandervelde at gmail.com
Sun May 10 18:03:03 EDT 2009

Hi Jim

Thanks for that. I grabbed the sources from GitHub. For now I just
grabbed a zip file as I just want to play around with IronRuby.

I followed the instructions on the website and managed to build the
solution (using VS2008) just fine. No errors / warnings etc. I then
copied all the binaries into another folder. I also copied the cmd
files from the 0.3 release into that folder. I then tried to run irake
but got another error:

C:\languages\ironruby\bin>irake
:0:in `require': no such file to load -- rubygems (LoadError)
        from C:/languages/ironruby/bin/irake:9

And when I try to run igem to install rake I get:

C:\languages\ironruby\bin>igem install rake
:0:in `require': no such file to load -- rubygems (LoadError)
        from C:/languages/ironruby/bin/igem:8

So any idea where I went wrong? I think I did all the steps in the
right order but given that it's not working I guess I didn't entirely
get it right :(

Thanks heaps for all your help

Patrick