[Ironruby-core] Is it possible to run rake on the latest binary release of IronRuby?

Patrick van der Velde petrikvandervelde at gmail.com
Sun May 10 02:53:25 EDT 2009

Hiya

Ok so I installed rake and got:

C:\languages\ironruby\bin>igem install rake
Successfully installed rake-0.8.5
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for rake-0.8.5...

Invalid output formatter

For help on options, try 'rdoc --help'

Then I assume that not having the documentation is not a problem so I
try to run irake but get:

C:\languages\ironruby\bin>irake
:0:in `to_proc': The method or operation is not implemented.
(System::NotImplementedException)
        from alt_system.rb:0
        from :0:in `require'
        from custom_require.rb:26:in `require'
        from win32.rb:0
        from :0:in `require'
        from custom_require.rb:26:in `require'
        from rake.rb:0
        from :0:in `require'
        from custom_require.rb:26:in `require'
        from rake:0
        from :0:in `load'
        from irake:0

Any ideas on this one? Am I missing more gems?

Oh and yes I'm on a Windows machine :)

Thanks

Patrick