[Ironruby-core] Problems with win32ole.so

Sami Alitalo lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri May 8 03:35:47 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to ask following question.

I am testing IronRuby 0.3 and trying to use ruby(ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11
patchlevel 72) [i386-mswin32]) application which works fine on my XP
machine. I have given correct paths to IronRuby but I get (The module
was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x80131018)) error when IronRuby try to load assembly.

Here is code how I have initialized runtime:

      ScriptRuntimeSetup setup = new ScriptRuntimeSetup();
            setup.LanguageSetups.Add(
                new LanguageSetup(
                    typeof(RubyContext).AssemblyQualifiedName,
                    "IronRuby",
                    new[] { "IronRuby" },
                    new[] { ".rb" }
                ));
            ScriptRuntime runtime = new ScriptRuntime(setup);
            ScriptEngine engine = Ruby.CreateEngine();
            List<string> paths = new List<string>();

            paths.Add(@"C:\ironruby\Merlin\Main\Languages\Ruby\Libs");
            paths.Add(@"C:\ruby\lib\ruby\1.8");
            paths.Add(@"C:\ironruby\Merlin\External.LCA_RESTRICTED\Languages\Ruby\redist-libs\ruby\site_ruby\1.8");
            paths.Add(@"C:\ironruby\Merlin\External.LCA_RESTRICTED\Languages\Ruby\ruby-1.8.6p287\lib\ruby\1.8\i386-mswin32");

            engine.SetSearchPaths(paths);
            engine.ExecuteFile(@"C:\test.rb");

So am I trying do something which is currently impossible with current
IronRuby implementation or did I do somekind of configuration mistake?