[Ironruby-core] IronRuby and Cucumber - undefined method `bin_path' for Gem:Module (NoMethodError)

Matt Otto matt at mattotto.com
Thu May 7 13:06:12 EDT 2009

I'm running into the following issue trying to run cucumber with the
latest iron ruby source from git:
c:/ruby/bin/cucumber:19: undefined method `bin_path' for Gem:Module

This occurs when running either icucumber --help or the i18n cucumber
sample. I've not tried any of the other examples.

Yesterday morning I was able to get the scenarios in the i18n examples
to partially execute until they failed with
"Unable to cast from Func to BlockCallTargetN" and :0:in `concat':
can't modify frozen object (TypeError)". exceptions, but after
updating this morning I'm only seeing the undefined method exception.

I'm currently sharing gems between MRI and Iron Ruby if that matters,
and am using the instructions found here for cucumber:

Does anyone have any ideas? Or should I file a bug for this on
CodePlex? Also if you need more information let me know.

Thanks in advance,