[Ironruby-core] mspec troubles

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Fri May 1 05:50:40 EDT 2009

“rake test” is not the preferred way of running tests; directly run the mspec command (or use irtests.bat, see below). This will use a version of mspec that’s checked in, so you don’t need a separate directory for mspec. Doing a “where mspec” should yield:

If you run Dev.bat, this path will be set up for you, and a .mspecrc file copied to %HOME%, which will hook everything up properly.

To run all the tests, there’s a single script Merlin\Main\Languages\Ruby\Scripts\irtests.bat which should do the trick. We should hook this back up into rake, but I think those rake files are pretty scary, so we have some external scripts written by people who don’t want to mess with rake. =P