[Ironruby-core] Casting Objects (COM Interop) addendum

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 26 18:27:01 EDT 2009

COM Interop is not supported in IronRuby. COM objects are not easily reflectable. It *can* be supported. See http://blogs.msdn.com/shrib/archive/2008/07/30/idispatch-support-on-in-ironpython-beta-4.aspx for how IronPython does it. However, IronRuby has not done the equivalent work yet. We will get to it at some point, but as noted in http://www.ironruby.net/About/Roadmap, its low priority for now as there are more important scenarios we need to nail first.