[Ironruby-core] require 'spec' not working

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 26 16:52:22 EDT 2009

Doesn't gem do that already? It'll look in a directory based on the implementation name, which is why you see gems/ruby and gems/ironruby ...?

~Jimmy
Sent from my phone

On Mar 26, 2009, at 1:43 PM, "Ivan Porto Carrero" <ivan at flanders.co.nz<mailto:ivan at flanders.co.nz>> wrote:

igem env gives you all the paths rubygems look in

I actually want a separate list of gems for IronRuby and my Ruby install hence I added a different subdir as my gem path for ironruby.

2009/3/26 Shri Borde <<mailto:Shri.Borde at microsoft.com>Shri.Borde at microsoft.com<mailto:Shri.Borde at microsoft.com>>

You should not be editing ir.exe.config as you would end up adding new paths for every new library you want to use, which would not be a good thing. Using GEM_PATH is the right solution as you would be using the power of rubygems to find the gems.

You should run “igem query --local --name-matches spec” to make sure that RubyGems will indeed be able to find the gem. I wish there was a verbose mode where gem could tell you the paths it looked in, but I don’t see anything at <http://docs.rubygems.org/read/chapter/10#page35> http://docs.rubygems.org/read/chapter/10#page35. Does anyone know of a verbose option?

Thanks,

Shri