[Ironruby-core] Planning?

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Tue Mar 24 13:17:18 EDT 2009

John announced at Mix that the aim is to release in June 09.   That
officially gives Michael and me a deadline around mid may probably. At that
time it should be ready for RTM.

I have chapter in my TOC about webforms, but as long as there is no
integration to play with it's going to be hard to explain people what needs
to happen.  Should I just skip that subject then, is there a private project
floating around perhaps?

Also rails compatibility what should I imagine there? Will there be active
record adapters provided by MS to make that work because Rails without
active record isn't really rails is it?
To host it in IIS I believe I've got somebody interested enough in Rack to
give that a shot.  I just won't have time to implement that activerecord
stuff although I looked at it and it isn't really hard I guess it's just a
lot of work :)

I'll try to get ironrubymvc done as soon as possible because I still need to
write 3 chapters to finish on time which might be a huge challenge on its
own. The following is not a complaint/order/command or anything like that,
it's just a query: If the timeline around webforms integration is anywhere
before may then I might be able to squeeze it in, otherwise I'll have to
skip it probably which brings my chapters down to 2 :).

For the people from the community who would like to submit a 2-5 page essay
on how they used IronRuby in their organization. I will need those before
the 3rd week of april at the latest.