[Ironruby-core] Mspec errors. Where should I start contributing?

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 23 13:17:38 EDT 2009

So it looks like there are 2 issues here. One is the immediate issue: You don't have %HOME% set, which is why this error occurs. Underneath that there is a real issue: IronRuby isn't searching for a %HOME% replacement in the same way that Ruby does. Ruby can find ~ even if HOME, HOMEDRIVE, HOMEPATH, and USERPROFILE are all unset. I'm not sure what algorithm they use at that point.

So to contribute:

1)      We need you to follow the steps at http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/contributing, especially the portion about signing the agreement

2)      If you want to fix this error (which is going to be resolved in the path referenced below), go for it, then send IronRuby a pull request on Github. I'll pull your changes in.

3)      If you want to work on something else, feel free to grab a bug from RubyForge from the Triaged category after Tomas adds some more (Tomas, can you add more bugs to that category :))

a.       Or, like Shri suggested in the other thread, choose a tag file and fix all the tags

Let us know if you have any questions!

JD