[Ironruby-core] Mspec errors. Where should I start contributing?

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 23 13:12:57 EDT 2009

There should be no hyphen before "ci". However, using your command (mspec -ci core\array\append) gives me a different error message saying "Unrecognized option: -ci". So that may or may not be the same issue you are seeing. Can you try running this : Unrecognized option: mspec ci core\array\append? Also, the following which will run with MRI and give you a baseline assuming you have ruby.exe on the path: mspec ci -tr core\array\append.

We are going to try to have better recommendations for contributions in the next week or so. http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/contributing should have this info, but it currently does not. For now, do you want to take a shot at fixing the tags in http://github.com/ironruby/ironruby/blob/cd988456fb3d102da84056e8e150d5376284cc8e/Merlin/External/Languages/IronRuby/mspec/ironruby-tags/core/string/to_i_tags.txt? Would be great to get your first commit in, even if it's a tiny bug fix, so we know that the contributing process does not have glitches. And in parallel, we can determine the best areas for you to contribute in.

Btw, if you missed my previous email, http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby should have all the information to build and run tests with IronRuby. Let us know if there is anything missing there.

Thanks,
Shri