[Ironruby-core] Problem getting IronRuby running - it won't compile

George Mauer lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Mar 21 21:03:20 EDT 2009

I would like to play around with IronRuby and am following the series

and am getting stumped on step 2 (compile IronRuby)

I open IronRuby.sln in VS2008 and compiling
and I get
956 errors starting with 400 or so

The type or namespace name 'Scripting' does not exist in the namespace
'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Any advice for what I should do (also general advice for playing with
IronRuby is appreciated.  This article:
http://www.sapphiresteel.com/IronRuby-and-IntelliSense seems to imply
that ruby in visual studio with full intellisense is available but I
don't quite get how to set that up.