[Ironruby-core] Executing an Ironruby file from a console app.

Paul Cowan lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Mar 21 16:33:41 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have the following ruby code which runs in a console application:

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/lib/horn'
require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/lib/dsl'

The file is named hornbuild.rb.

The main ruby file has a require directive for this hornbuild.rb like
so:

require 'hornbuild'

I then execute the ruby file like this:

var engine = Ruby.CreateEngine();
engine.ExecuteFile(buildFilePath);

The problem is that I can only get this scenario to work by copying the
hornbuild.rb file and lib folder into the bin directory of the console
application.

Can I not put these files in the gems folder or something so they are
globally accessible.

If so, how can I achieve this?

Cheers

Paul